Sunday, April 27, 2008

Becka Debuts

I've had a big family day today with lots of visiting and driving around, but I really wanted to keep the good blogging times rolling, so meet Becka, now in near-wearable squeee form:


Vog On Socks, Ruby Sapphire Yarns Sapphire Sock in Becka (exclusive colorway)

When Lauri said I could have my own colorway, I asked for shades of peacock blue and green with some dark burgundy thrown in. It's a tad hard to tell from these pictures, but that's exactly what I got, and it works beautifully in this simple lace pattern.


Doesn't look too shabby from the sole either. I cannot recommend Ruby Sapphire enough; they were enthusiastic, wonderful to work with, and I actually got what I wanted. (By the by, they're having a sale on bulky yarns in cute colorways, go look).

I wish I was spending more time on them, but when I'm able to do lace I've been trying to work on the Beaded Diamond Fantasy Shawl, also known as The Project In The Stitch N Pitch bag that I have been hiding from for months. I'm thinking that this impressive little bit of knitting might be county fair material, but only if I get it done before the needles rust around the yarn. In any case I'd like it done in time to send to my aunt for the holidays (hey, it will match her bitchin' socks).

3 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Beautiful yarn and beautiful socks!

Anonymous said...

Yay, finally visited your blog - hooray! Gorgeous colorway, BTW, so clearly, you're just a very lovely sock.

Knits in Church said...

Glad you're finally feeling well enough to get back to knitting!