Monday, October 22, 2007

The Bingeing Continues

Apparently, the yarn diet has gone completely out the window. There was that unfortunate lapse at the WailMart where I bought a whole sack of yarn for nearly nuttin. I can rationalize it well enough; fifty cents a skein is an outstanding price for yarn and will make for good gift knitting.

Now I’m working on a hat made from the Collinette Point 5 that the Husboy gifted me for his birthday, and I’ll need some size 11 dpn’s to finish the job. While I’m ordering something, a sweater stone would be nice too. Well, it turns out that KnitPicks is having a clearance on some of their color-ways, and it would be a shame to waste yarn money on postage, so why not pick up some more lace-weight on the cheap? And if I’m going to be in the Sock Stash Elimination Challenge starting next month, I’d best buy some sock yarn while I still can, eh?

I know why I’m yarn-binging all of a sudden; it’s the same reason I’m eating like a pig. I’m lonely without my HusBoy and hate being so far away from home all the time, not to mention that, if I’m making this sacrifice for a little extra money, a little bit of that should be towards something for me, right? Don’t bother making logical arguments about why this is bull-hockey, I know already. That knowledge has kept me from buying a mess of the Baby Tulip sweater kits for the at-least four babies riding around in three women at HusBoy’s work.

It’s not only the financial impact that gives me pause. I was thinking about it today, and I miss the yarn in my stash. I had a lovely plan for everything in it and, now, I can hardly remember what’s in there. It’s a shameful waste and it must stop. So, all you knitters that love me, go forth and shop so there won’t be anything left over for me to purchase. Thank you!

No comments: