1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't have anything against acrylic, but after finding myself inundated with other fibers I liked better I got rid of it all. I love anything with a little bit of silk in it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle roll for my knitting needles (one for straights, one for dpns), a binder-clip keeping my circulars together, and a pencil case for my crochet hooks and other doo-dads.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to knit out of my mother's Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework I can't even tell you how long ago. Learning to purl, on the other hand, took years of trying and divine intervention (I woke up one morning and had it all figured out). I have only been knitting correctly (not twisting my stitches) for a few years, so I think I'm a intermediate knitter. I am supposed to be working on the TKGA Master's program, but I have been slacking. I have made a few slap-dash attempts at designing, but I'd rather just alter someone else's hard work.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't usually like to smell like anything, but I am partial to rosemary.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chemotherapy has ruined me for chocolate, but I love ginger people candies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I honestly tried spinning, it just didn't take. I'm a mostly one-craft kind of girl; our apartment is too small for me to take on anything else.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I've been listening to a lot of soundtracks lately, especially Sweeny Todd. I can handle any format you can dish up.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love any color with the word "chocolate" in it, so mostly browns. I have not found a color that I could not live with (please don't take that as a challenge :)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married to my HusBoy for a little over a year. We don't have any kidlets, but we loves our Stinker kitty.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear a lot of scarves and hats (especially hats now). I've never really been comfortable in mittens or ponchos, but I love fingerless gloves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I knit a lot of socks, but not enough to keep up with my sock yarn stash. Hats and sweaters are tied for second favorites. I absolutely love knitting cables.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A little bit of everything; a scarf, a shawl, some socks, a sweater. I have had a hard time concentrating lately!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I will use anything, but I prefer bamboo. Easier on my little hands.
I have both a yarn winder and a swift, thank goodness!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?My Beaded Diamond Fantasy Shawl is just under a year old. I have to finish it before it expects a cake.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. I love to cook a big meal once a year.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave Knits, but I usually pick up Vogue Knitting as well. What I would really like is enough time and energy to knit the yarn and patterns I already have!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I take on new techniques as I come across them. I won't avoid a project because I would have to do something new, but I don't seek them out either.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh boy am I a sock knitter! My feet are 8.5 inches around and long.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, and I am the KnittingWounded.