Thursday, January 03, 2008

In Which Becka Bitches

I hate buying purses. It's such a pain in the tukus finding something that will hold all my crap and not irritate me or look stupid. So I keep the same purse forever and ever, or until knitting needles start fall out the big, honking hole in the bottom of it. And not new needles, like some magic, needle-laying purse, but the needles that I put in there. A magic, needle-laying purse would be so cool... but I digress. The trick is finding a bag with a zipper (so things don't fly out of it when it gets tossed), easy-access pockets for all my electronic gizmos (so I'm not madly digging for my ringing cell phone in the middle of the library), and room for my little knitting project (how about one with room for a bigger little knitting project while I'm at it). I found a good candidate at Target (sorry, couldn't find it on the website, so no link); we'll see how it stands up to the rigors of life with a carrier of the pointy sticks.

I also have a beef with Trek, because Trek is right and has called me on my lazy behavior regarding the acrylic. It is in the stash and should be counted. This has, in turn, shamed me and made me extremely irritable. In order to rectify this situation to the happiness of both my conscience and my fat, lazy behind, I have decided not to tally up the acrylic in the stash. Instead I will just add eight more miles to my necessary mileage, which I am sure is more than adequate for my little plastic stash. This leaves me with an even 40 miles before I start accruing credits in order to once more enbiggen the stash.

Which leads me to my next rant: Michael's is having a 30% off sale on yarn and yarn accessories. I ran into the local store on my way "home" tonight to pick up a US8 circular for the HusBoy's Swell (boy, that sounds dirty). The needle was 30% off. The yarn is 30% off, and not just the Red Heart people. There was alpaca for cripes sakes. Simply Socks Yarn Company is also having a sale, up to 40% off. There's probably lots of other sales and lovely things going on out there, but I will keep the faith and stick to my stash, at least for the next 38.7 miles.

1.3 miles on the treadmill - CV workout mode.

1 comment:

errs said...

Don't get me started on purses. I'm a child of the 80's and while I don't want or need HUGE bags, I would like a strap that sits on my shoulder and rests the bag on my hip. I don't want my purse (and its contest) to smell like my armpit!