Saturday, February 25, 2006

Prezzies From The... You Know...

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday! Happy Birthday Eve to me!

The girls (I still call them the roommates, but I am trying to phase that out) brought be the bestest birthday presents today! It's a day early, but what are you going to do?

I got:

~ A set of 3 neat rubber duckies, one with a green scarf (me) one with a pink heart necklace (Jen) and one with glasses and a tie (Jessie).
~ Socks Socks Socks by Elaine Rowley, with 70 sock patterns
and (drumroll please)
~Two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn!!! It is Shepard Sock in the Glenwood colorway, hand dyed and everything. This yarn is so soft and pretty, I can't wait to find a worthy pattern to use it with. The only stipulation is that I have to make socks for myself out of it, but I think I can live with that. I'd never buy something like this for myself; I'm thrilled.

Tomorrow after work Boy and I are taking the boat out to Alamitos Bay to buy me some Birthday yarn at the Yarn Company (the girls said that the people at the shop did not know what "thrum" meant???) and get Birthday In-And-Out (everything on my birthday is a Birthday _______).

Knitting Update:

Boy's Olympic Socks: Done
Jessie's Kitty Kate: Done
Jessie's Birthday Hat: Done

Chocolate Mariah: In progress (one sleeve, one front, and 1/3 of the back)
Dad's Birthday Socks: In progress
Little Pink Hat: In progress (sorta)

Eva's Finger Puppets: In Queue
Becka's 1st Socks: In Queue
Jessie's Socks: In Queue

Grandma's Shawl:Under Deconstruction.
I found this cotton/ramie sweater for a dollar in the St. Mary's thrift store after my doctor's appointment (lung infection, no biggie) . It needs ripped out and cleaned, but it is soft and a pretty color and I'm hoping for the best. It's a good fiber choice for my Hawaii-dwelling grandma, and I've wanted to whip her up something neat.

No comments: