Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dishcloth Mania

Hopefully everyone knows that I have a lovely little Etsy shop: Knitting Wounded Yarns, that sells re/upcycled yarns rescued from sweaters that have seen better days. Everyone also probably knows that no one wants to buy a bunch of recycled cotton when you can get a ball of new for a buck. Next time, could someone tell me please?

So, long story short, I have a huge Ikea bag full of cotton that I can't sell and can't bear to throw away after investing so much time in taking it apart. What to do?

First: Magic Yarn Balls!

These are not just any poorly hand-wound balls of yarn. Layered inside are little treasures that follow a theme, like Kitty Lover or Foodie. They were a lot of fun to put together, but then what?

How about dishcloths?


I traded some sock yarn for the first Mason Dixon book, and was inspired to knit up a few of these stupid-easy cloths.

Okay, now what? How about I design a few of my own dishcloths? Say "hello" to Knitting Wounded Designs on Ravelry.




I cannot tell you how much I am loving Intwined Studio right now. It makes it so easy to translate your ideas into a workable pattern, and if I sell 40 more patterns (at $1 a pop) it will have paid for itself, a very reasonable investment.

Of course, I have some free patterns in the shop as well. I want to rewrite the Spaced Chocolate Beanie and Dizzabelle Scarf in Intwined, but the first versions are in there. I cannot seem to bring myself to ask for money when basing a pattern on someone else's concept, so here's the newest freebie, special for my fellow Firefly/Serenity fans:


Next on the design roster, bullet hole socks.

2 comments:

شركة ضي الرحمن said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء

محمود زيزو said...

نقدم لكم شركه الحمد للنظافه العامه بالرياض حيث لدي عمالنا العديد من الخيرات في هذا المجال ليس عليك سوي الاتصال بنا
شركة نظافة عامة بالرياض
شركة الحمد للتنظيف نعد افضل شركه في مجال االتنظيف في المملكة العربيه
شركة تنظيف بجازان