Monday, February 11, 2008

Lies Lies Lies

Okay, so everyone in my real life is acting like I'm going to die next week. While this is discouraging at the very least, it also leads to me driving around a lot because folks want to see me before I (fill in the blank). So we're driving down to meet some of the HusBoy's family for breakfast and the ever-observant HusBoy mentions that he saw a "Yarn" sign in one of the shopping centers we passed. I wanted to turn around right away, but we decided to keep on keeping on and meet the family for food. When we returned we found the Yarn shop:



Not only does this place not sell yarn, but it has a "B" health-code rating! My disapointment was endless, until HusBoy suggested that we get my birthday yarn-shopping in early, just in case I don't feel up to it later on.

Can I get a woot-woot for clearance-priced Rowan Kid Classic? 5 skeins - Frilly

One skein Colinette Jitterbug in Sahara

More Encore Worsted - It's great for hats! One skein in Fawn Mix.

I'm headed to the oncologist today to see what kind of poison they're gonna pump me full of this week, cheers!

2 comments:

errs said...

I'm glad you're up and about and blogging. :D

That non-fiber "yarn" shop was an obnoxious tease.

You live in CA -- what do you need hats for? I'm freezing out here!

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm up and blogging too. I need the hats because I'm just about to go bald and will lose the fine insulation I've grown to love over the years. I'm on a hat kick, but so far only the one has been for me.