Saturday, September 29, 2007

Strange Things...

Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls! Knitters of all skill levels! I have officially run out of things to talk about (or may just be shell-shocked, hard to tell). Lots of stuff has been happening lately: new job, long-lost relatives, and that creepy dude that stopped me on the street and told me that he had some psychic in Mexicali do a tarot card reading on me because he had a dream about me. Like I'd want some weirdo running a metaphysical background check on me, jackass.

Ahem, anyway. In the spirit of odd things (and because it's my turn), I will now perform the 7 random fact about you meme:

First, da rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post rules. Check
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird
3. Tag 7 people at the end of post and list their names
4. Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog

Ready?

Fact #1: I am lactose-intolerant. Lactose-intolerant in the way that just looking at that brie at the party makes my tummy swell up and I begin emitting unlady-like sounds. The first person who comes up with a decent soy-based brie gets the stash. All of it.

Fact #2: I have a big butt. Now, now, don't start arguing with me unless you've tried buying jeans with me. Of course, it's magnificence has diminished since I gave up dairy (see Fact#1), but not as much as other parts of me have diminished. No, it's in for the long haul.

Fact #3: I have extra teeth. I told my new dentist that I had a wisdom tooth removed a few years back. Would you believe that she started arguing with me about it? Then she got my x-rays and stopped arguing; turns out I have another tooth that grew in sideways along my jaw. Just wait until the archaeologists find me!

Fact #4: I figured out purling in my sleep. Honest! For years I tried and failed to figure out purling from the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework (how I learned to knit, by the way), but it was all for naught. So I didn't knit much because patterns would want me to purl and I just couldn't. Then one morning I sat up in bed, woke up my now-husboy, and said "Purling is just knitting backwards!" Life hasn't been the same since.

Fact #5: I wore black chucks to the prom. Both times. I added laces that matched the dress, but the rest was pure Converse comfort. It also gave my dates a chance to be taller than me for once.

Fact #6: I am married to an enabler. Yes, he buys me yarn. No, you can't have him.

Fact #7: One of my legs is shorter than the other. Not bad enough that I need to buy special shoes or anything, but enough so that my clothes hang funny and people can tell if I tip them off. It's one of my many excuses for not jogging and makes me wonder about all those sprained ankles I had as a kid...

So, there you go. I'm totally not tagging anyone (sorry rules) because everyone has already done this already. Of course, if you haven't gotten to it yet, please be my guest.

And no, you still can't have him.

No comments: