Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Should Be Studying, BUT...

I have not cracked my textbook in the longest time. This is what I have been doing while I should be studying:

Got my first parking ticket ever. I really need to keep track of what day it is.

Piling little heaps of sugar-free chocolate covered almonds into tulle circles and tying it together with ribbon. I've officially strayed over the edge of reason; thank goodness this whole thing will be over next-next weekend!

I've been eating lots of chocolate. Chocolate Pecan Torte is soooo delicious, not to mention Passover-friendly.

Look! Half a shawlette! I'm finding myself a little disappointed with the pattern, which is not speeding things along. I can just hope it looks better once it's blocked. Boy's prediction looks like it will be coming true, I will probably be spending my Knit 'til You Drop night slaving away on this piece. Otherwise, with a little more than a week to go, this is totally not going to get done in time for the wedding.

These, on the other hand, just might make the deadline. I know they look way too skinny for boy's big honkin' feet, but it's the rib'n'cable pattern that makes them look that way, not a complete lack of gauge-sense. I had a momentary brain-fart that made me think I could sell this sock pattern, but I came to my senses and will probably post this easy-peasy adaptation after we get back from ArtYarns, uh, I mean, from the honeymoon...

Boy likes his socks low, so I will probably have enough Mountain Colors left over for a matching kippah. Speaking of which, here is a link to the pattern I used for the last one. It is a very easy pattern to follow; if I had taken some initiative I could have outfitted the entire wedding with kippahs from my stash. Eh, there's always the next family thing...


Oh, and I've been trying to figure out who this person is. It's a bummer that they're not coming, but who are they?

No comments: