Sunday, November 19, 2006

Recovery

Hello All!

Thank you so much for all of your supportive comments and emails! I am happy to report that Boy's father came out of Thursday's surgery just fine and is currently off the ventilator and giving the poor nurses hell. We'll have to see how he reacts to the chemo before we know how well the surgery worked, but I'm glad this first bit is over.

Okay, now for the knitting content!


I'm not going to bore you with further pictures of the jellyfish. The shawl is bigger, but a bigger jellyfish is still a jellyfish. And I think I messed up on the YO2 part, so it's in time out until I get that figured out. In the meantime, look! Stinker in a basket!


Have I ever mentioned that Boy works straight across from the Los Angeles Public Library? And that this library has a food court and gift shop? Well, Boy and I headed to LA yesterday for, well, nevermind what for. We ended up walking around the library, seeing the Puro Muerto exhibit, and checking out the gift shop. Look what I found:
How could I possibly resist? I couldn't find it on the library website, but Sarah Utter has this and the "Reading is Sexy" merchandise of the buyolympia.com website. If you're going to be in downtown LA, I highly recommend seeing the library exhibits and heading over Pershing Square for ice skating. No really, ice skating!

And, my long-anticipated spinning is here:

It's 3-ply, variable weight blue wool, spun with a top drop spindle by myself. I had fun with this first batch, mostly because I didn't have any preconceived notion of what I was trying to get. I wasn't aiming for a particular weight, so if it went thicker, cool. Thinner, okay. I think I could use some training before I start my next roving, or at least see someone do it that knows how. I may look into a new spindle as well; it's a beautifully decorate spindle, but there is no notch, which is a pain in the behind and seriously affected my plying.

I think it's time to untangle my mistake with the jellyfish. Cheers!

No comments: