Monday, October 23, 2006

Ground Control to Major Me...

I seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth again... I apologize, but I have a decent excuse: Boy has not one, but two family members in the hospital. Lucky for us they are in the same hospital (though I pity the poor nurses), but it has made for some harried, stressful days. So, no blogging and very little commenting. I haven't sent Shannon her goodies yet (I'm sorry, they're coming!). I even missed my not-so-secret pal Jen while she visited on vacation.

What have I been doing?

Finished Project: Rowan OSW


I got to the part where you start on the sleeve part, looked at how much of the Kid Classic skein I had left, and loudly exclaimed "one-skein wonder my ass!" So, the sleeve cuffs are doubled-up Rowan dk Soft; a lovely accent if I do say so myself.


Project In Progress: Pomatomus Socks

I think I finally have the hang of these beauties, though I had some serious trouble wrapping my tired brain around Chart B. I may just have a pair of socks by the end of Socktoberfest!

Project Not In Progress: Grandma's Janet Shawl

Have you read the directions for this shawl? Holey Moley, Batman! I'll get over my intimidation eventually, but for now I just want to get my socks done.

Oh, and I did some shopping:


The fiber ninjas got to me, too. Bastards!

No comments: