- Socks for one grandmother, two aunts, one stepmother, and one monkey-baby.
- Knit cupcakes for monkey baby from One Skein to help furnish her rather large play kitchen.
- One Swell for teenage cousin.
- Sumthin' for Boy (he occasionally reads the blog, so it's gonna be a surprise).
- Sumthin' with pigs for Jewish comedian cousin & his wife.
- If time/yarn allows, more socks/toys for extended family.
- Socks for one grandmother, two aunts, one dad's gf, and one teenage cousin.
- Scarves for aunt and cousin out of the Big Wool Tuft I picked up.
- Shawl for grandmother.
- Swells for brother and other teenage cousin.
- Sumthin' for grandfather, dad, older cousin, and aunt's husband, time/yarn permitting.
If you're keeping count this adds up to:
- 10 pairs of socks
- 3 Swells
- 2 scarves
- 1 shawl
- 1 dozen knitted cupcakes
- and a bunch of surprises, time/yarn permitting.
This is including, of course, the things I want to knit for myself:
- Scarf/sock set (I'm thinking feather & fan maybe)
- Angora Knitted Bodice
- Pomatomas Socks using the aloe yarn Jen sent me
- Jolie, my love
- Swell for me
- and, finish my afghan (it's crochet, but I think it counts).
Some may say I'm being, at best, a tad optimistic. Well, I say screw you, everyone needs a good let-down during the holidays. I also have a bit of overlapping in there, so (insert famous last words here). As I was figuring all this out over dinner tonight Adam said that this sounded ominously like a Yarn Harlot fiasco... Nuts to him, I have 116 days. If I can get a sock done every week or so I should be in the clear.
I started on the Knitted Bodice the other night, but I don't have enough progress to bother you with a picture. I'm liking the pattern; it is very straightforward and a pretty easy knit so far. I'll take a picture at the first fitting, promise!