Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bulking up for Winter

Summer O' Stash is not quite over yet, but my exception is coming up. I have stuck to this yarn diet very well, and I am proud to say that I have done some serious knitting this summer. I have finished: two sweaters, six pairs of socks, one hat, and one wrap to date.

But even good yarn diets must end, and, as fall descends on us once again, the time has come to bulk up for the long winter ahead (forget that I live in Southern California, it spoils the metaphor). Enter the Alamitos Bay Yarn Company's anniversary sale. I've made special arrangements to get out of work on time, then run down to the yarn shop tomorrow afternoon so I can get my fiber on.

Here's my shopping list:
  • Some Noro Silk Garden for hats & 1-Skein Wonders
  • Rowan Cashsoft (or something close) for cabled scarves
  • If I find something nice for Jolie, that
  • Some knitting notecards
  • Sock yarn (of course), prolly Lorna's Laces
  • Anything reasonable that strikes my fancy

I've only recently started to think that nice things could be reasonable, so going and buying myself such yummy yarns is theraputic, kind of a Stuart Smalley moment: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, I'm buying the cashmere!"

No comments: