Saturday, July 01, 2006

I didn't know it would be this hard

Now that Mariah is out of the way (knitwise, I still don't have a zipper for the poor dear), this whole no-buying-yarn thing is harder than I thought it would be. Not that I don't have masses and masses of yarn, but I now have an empty spot where yarn used to be...

I may have made a minor slip today. I saw a destashing link and thought, "hey, maybe this will help" and ended up at a seller's blog: Destash for Cash Long story short, I'm inquiring about some cotton sock yarn in colors I think Jen will like. That ought to shut her up ^-^

In a related story, second-sock-sydrome has been averted once again:


I am dangerously close to irritating the knitting gods and say that I don't seem to suffer from second sock syndrome. I am very vigilent however; I try to cast on directly after finishing the first sock. Now all I have to do is wait for the woolen lightning bolt to strike...

I'm finding, to my considerable relief, that I am left with a sizable amount of yarn after each pair of socks is completed. I'd like to convert these "leftovers" into holiday presents of socks for all the children Boy's family has spawned in the last two years. Does anyone know of a faboo toe-up toddler sock pattern?

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

Love the colors of that sock you have posted! And kudos for avoiding the second sock syndrome!

I don't think I could do the whole not buying yarn thing...tried once and it didn't take at all! Maybe next year?!LOL

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com