Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Knittingest Place on Earth!

We went to Disneyland the day after my birthday.

It poured.

I was crabby and blew up in front of Boy's sweet little Jewish family.

I cried and conked out as soon as I got home.

But it's okay, because we got our annual passes so we can terrorize the magic kingdom for the rest of the year (except weekends and the summer, like I want to fight those crazy crowds), and I have started a new public spectacle:

Disney Knitting

in which one amazes and astonishes the tourists standing in line around you by whipping out a sock and getting several rows done waiting to get on Space Mountain.

I got my gold name badge made and almost bought this really neat Mickey pattern knitted hat, but it was small; it didn't even reach my Dopey ears... I should have held up my sock ala Yarn Harlot for the picture on Splash Mountain, but it's just as well. In the picture you can see Boy's stepbrother's hat in the process of flying off. It's pretty awesome, but not worth the price of the photo without the yarn... And there's always next time, I have a annual pass =)



In the meantime, I've started Big-BossLady (coach) training at work in anticipation of Teenie's maternity leave. It feels funny having SO MUCH FREEKING AUTHORITAY, but I think I'm going to enjoy this! Wish me luck!

No comments: