Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Just Started Packing...

I'm finding myself less and less excited about my trip to Syracuse. I am really going to miss Boy and Stinker. We look at each other and get bummed looks on our faces. Stinker has been a little despondent lately, but it might because of the squawking demon bird that has moved in. My coworker is on vacation and I somehow volunteered to babysit Pumpkin, the bird who won't shut up. Some things soothe the beast, like sitting on my shoulder while I type (this does not help Boy while I'm at work) and Billy Idol songs.

I've started swatching my airplane knitting, ribble socks out of Lorna's Laces Shepard sock yarn, pattern and yarn compliments of the girls. I am also packing the chocolate mariah; I'm hoping the bitter cold of the Syracuse tundra will prompt me to finally finish the darn thing. I put the final touches on my nifty brown armlets, they are super sweet and warm. I had some left over green cashmere/merino from Boy's socks, so I decided to duplicate-stitch a pattern on my hands. I went through my fair isle pattern book, nothing struck my fancy. Then I got the idea to stitch some kanji (Japanese symbols). About.Com has a good directory for popular kanji for tattoos, but I didn't find a combination for both hands that I liked. Then, inspiration struck me. I put left (hidari) on the left hand and right (migi) on the right. I graphed the symbols, but can't figure out how to upload them. If anyone's interested, just drop me a line!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to keep packing...

No comments: