Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Knitted Together

My father got married this weekend, which explains why I have been sleeping for the last few days and am now up way too late (that, and the inexplicable heat). It was a beautiful ceremony and I am very pleased for the happy couple.

If anyone out there is in need of a wedding gift for the well-established couple in their lives, I cannot over-recommend the Bespoke Pillow from Interweave Knits.


It's lovely, personal, and who really needs a punchbowl anyhow? This only took a few days in Knit Picks Shine Worsted and will remind them of my regard whenever they take a nap on the couch.

The Husboy and I also critter-sat for them while they honeymooned overnight (don't worry, they're spending a whole week together at home as well), and I took advantage of the desert location to wash and dry a few more skeins of inventory.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like my etsy shop will be open any time soon; my oncologist wants me to take it nice and slow for a few more months. After this not-too hectic weekend and the two days of solid sleep afterwards, I can see his point. It takes longer than you'd think to get back up to full strength... please send patient vibes in my direction if you can spare them.

Oh, and in case you were worried about Stinker being alone all weekend, don't fret. She has a big feeder, water-er,

and fresh batteries in the remote.

2 comments:

errs said...

congratulations to your dad

All that yarn looks awesome

I hope you feel better soon.

Annie said...

Is yours a remote control hog too? :)