Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Keeping the Faith

Another shorty-post, I've been up most of the night trying to keep the sick down (I don't think it's the treatment; I made meatballs last night and may have been a bit of a piggy). Right now I'm nauseous and hungry, yay!

I want to tell everyone "THANK YOU!!!" again for all your comments and emails. This whole cancer thing really happened so fast, and all your encouragement has really kept up my spirits, especially when a three-block round-trip walk to the pharmacy has become my big daily accomplishment. I am steadily feeling more human (if a little stupider) every day and I'm really hoping to go back to normal life for a little bit before my next treatment in March.
There has been some knitting, but not nearly as much as I would have thought. The HusBoy has been catching me staring into space a lot lately and is insisting that I work on Sudoku or something to keep myself engaged. I made it through some colorwork alright:


I'm loving the Encore Worsted for hats. This Swell is going to my cousin up north along with the Reptilian Lace Socks for my aunt and the Red Hot Jaywalkers for my cousin in Argentina. I'd usually hold onto these for the holidays but, damn it, it's only February and life is too short to give by someone else's time table.

2 comments:

errs said...

Hey -- I haven't gone through chemo and I don't think I can make it around the block. ;)

Glad to hear you're eating and having fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the colorwork! Was it hard? I'm a little chicken when it comes to color. I've done pretty basic fair isle, but yours looks harder. I'll be with you on the chemo in week or two. Lucky us. :) Glad to hear it is possible to eat. Grins.