Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Biscuits & Gravy

So, I finished the Palm Tree dishcloth...

Despite what you may deduce from looking in the big box in the kitchen that keeps my baking soda cool, I come from a family of hearty eaters. Back in the day, a popular breakfast was the infamous biscuits and gravy. Bad for the arteries, but strangely good for the mind, as this is how my family came up with what we call the Biscuits & Gravy Paradox Theory. When one finishes a plate of said breakfast, one is invariably left with either too much gravy or too much biscuit. This leads to reloading the plate with whatever is lacking and eating a little more, too late realizing that you got too much gravy now and have to go back for another biscuit. This tragic turn of events will keep on turning until the side buttons on your overalls give way or your cousin has a heart attack in the kitchen.

What does this have to do with the dishcloth? Well, I have what looks to be half a ball of cotton left. It might be enough to make another dishcloth (which the HusBoy is enchanted with, go fig), or it might be enough to make me have to go back and buy more yarn in order to finish the new dishcloth, leaving me with leftovers again...

Aww hell, pass the bacon.

No comments: