Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Partner - Lover - Enabler

It may have come to your attention that I only have two projects going right now, one of which I haven't touched in eons and cannot for the life of me remember what needle size I used. This situation clearly does not follow the Rule of Three guidelines for knitterly happiness and satisfaction, so what's a girl to do?

I compla.... whin.... moa.... discuss the situation with the Husboy. I tell him I was thinking of joining in the Mystery Shawl 3 (if you're not already in, it's too late, sorry folks), but that there were quite a few knitters saying that the designer's patterns did not show up well with variegated yarn, and since all I had was variegated yarn (with gorgeous matching beads, purely coincidence) I didn't want to blow my yarn on a pattern that wouldn't work with it. He suggested I try it out, worst case scenario, I rip it out. Good point

I then start wondering how the heck I'm going to wind that huge hank of Helen's Lace into a usable cake. I consider going down to the yarn shop (yes, I bought the yarn there), but figure it will be a few days before I can head down there and wind up. Husboy convinces me that we can go THAT MORNING before I go to work, and that I should take the matching sock yarn with me and get it all wound up at once.

Ain't it pretty?



I continued to voice reservations about the MS3 pattern being ruined by the beautiful variegation of the yarn. He suggested I go online and find a beaded shawl pattern that I like that will work with the variegated yarn. I find one that would be perfect and where to pick it up. The Husboy concurs with my selection and urges me to order the pattern.

Bastard.

So, while I wait for the illustrious Ellen at Earthfaire.com to send me the pattern, my knitter in shining armor sent me the teeniest ball of yarn to help me finish the $1.50 Cardigan. It looks like I might even have enough to sew the darn thing up, thanks PK!


The knitting has slowed a bit, I've been re-reading some of my favorite vampire smut. Eh, we can't all be reading War and Peace. Speaking of books, Interweave Press is having its Annual Hurt Book Sale right now. Look for the package deals; I got Scarf Style and Wrap Style both for $20 with shipping.

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh in the photos there is a gorgeous variegated version. blue,pink and something. really lovely. no pooling, no striping. go ahead and try it!