Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It Gives Me Needs

I have mixed feelings about KnitPicks... I am chugging away at my Summer O' Stash-athon, not hungering for anything in particular. Well, I get these twinges, but nothing major.

Then I see Jolie:


I love Jolie (the sweater, I don't know the model's name). I'd like to knit it in Cranberry or Sangria and liven up my wardrobe, bring out the pink in my cheeks this winter. The problem?

I'm not a huge fan of Vintage Knits. Boy and I went down to Barnes and Noble and, wonder of wonders, I found an unoccupied comfy chair. Who could pass up an opportunity like that? So I took my seat and looked through the book, unimpressed. I don't know what it is, I didn't even like Jolie when I saw it in the book. So, who's lying to me? Is KnitPicks making it look too good, or is Rowan making it look bad? I'll probably end up buying the book eventually, but I might pick up Big Girl Knits first. Hey, us fat chicks have got to stick together!

No comments: